Community Partnerships Volunteer
Could you bring your fantastic administrative and communication skills to support our community partnerships team and help deliver our engaging programme of support and activities for our residents?
Purpose of position
You will provide high quality support to help our community partnerships team. You will be based at our head office in Canning Town and ideally you would be available for 5 to 10 hours per week, but this can be flexible.
You will assist with:
- Preparing, organising and storing information in paper and digital form
- Dealing with queries on the phone and by email
- Scheduling meetings and booking rooms
- Taking minutes at meetings
- Updating computer records using a database
- Printing and photocopying
- Maintaining CPT systems
- Liaising with staff in other departments, such as the Personal Development Team and Customer Service Team
- Communicating effectively with residents via email and text messages
- Creating promotional material.
You will have the following qualities:
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to plan your own work, use your initiative and meet deadlines
- Prioritise tasks and workload
- Ability to accept and understand instructions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with others as part of a team.
Before starting this position, you’ll need to undergo a criminal record check by the Disclosure and Barring Service. Depending on your length of service, you may need to be entitled to work in the UK.
Although this is an unpaid role, we pay travel expenses.
Your Place is an inclusive charity that promotes equality and diversity and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. However, you need to be over 21 to volunteer in our offices.